Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Smoothie:)

We make smoothies regularly in our house there great for breakfast or a snack. It's a easy way to get more fruit/veggies in. We have lots of different ones we like but this one is one of my boys favorite.

  • 1 banana
  • Frozen strawberries
  • Frozen mango
  • Frozen/Fresh pineapple
  • 1 plain greek yogurt
  • Milk (any kind is fine)
  • (Optional) 1 spoonful of coconut oil
I put the yogurt and banana in the blender first and add a little bit of milk then blend together. If I'm making it for me and the boys I fill the blender to the top with the pineapple, strawberries and mango then blend together (if its to thick and won't blend then just add a little more milk). Once its nice and blended I take a spoonful of coconut oil and melt it in the microwave about 10 seconds till melted. While the blender is still going you'll slowly add the coconut oil and let it mix in for a couple seconds. If you just dump the oil in it will turn back into a solid form and you'll have oil clumps... GROSS! Enjoy your yummy smoothie:)

11 comments:

  1. Love making smoothies! When my oldest was little he and my dad started calling them "Flurps"... No idea where they got the name....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's to cute! We have some silly names for things to. Since my oldest was a baby we've said snookies for a runny nose:)

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried adding coconut oil to a smoothie. Usually we don't use coconut oil to food (not often), we used it as hair mask, it is also good for the skin as moisturizer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use it for hair masks and moisturizers to:) You should give it a try in a smoothie it gives it a nice light flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why add the coconut oil? More nutrition? Thanks for visiting the Mom's Monday Mingle... I had a blast co-hosting. Following you here and everywhere now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to add the oil but I like to. It helps bodys mantain resistance to both viruses & bacteria. It has a positive effect on hormones for thyroid & blood sugar control ( can help omprove insulin use within body) helps increase metabolism, energy & endurance. Increases digestion & helps to absorb fat soluble vitamins. Helps improve cholesterol ratio levels and helps with weight:)

      Delete
  5. Oh my... My taste buds are begging for this right now! Hmm... I may just make one! LOL :)
    Thanks for spreading some LOVE with us over at the awesome Showin' Some LOVE Hump Day blog hop! :)
    http://modernhippiemomma.blogspot.com/2013/04/showin-some-love-hump-day-blog-hop_17.html?showComment=1366826159643#c5493189357092079507

    <3 Amanda*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Smoothies are always a favorite around my house too! I'll have to add this one into the rotation!

    Thank you for spreading JOY and sharing at the Oh What a HAPPY Day party.

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good thanks for sharing! :)

    settlingintomotherhood.com

    ReplyDelete