I wanted to share a "healthier"cookie recipe that me and little man made today while the boys were at school. I always check out the reviews for recipes before I make them (I'm just weird like that) and this one had really good ones. So I figured I'd try it out. Just so you know it doesn't make very many cookies though. The recipe said it makes 30 but I only got maybe 18. I made some regular, chocolate chip and white chip ones. The real test was to see if the boys would eat it and actually like it. They had one as a after school snack well actually they each had 3. My oldest liked the chocolate chip ones the best and of course my other one like them all the same (he's got a sweet tooth like his mama and won't turn down a cookie). I think they could even be good for a breakfast cookie if your having a really crazy morning and need to eat in the car.
Healthy Honey Oatmeal Cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour (all purpose is fine to)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups of old fashioned oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. ( I like to use parchment paper but you could also spray the cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. Mix together the butter, brown sugar, honey, egg and water.
3. Stir the dry ingredients together and mix with the wet ingredients. You can also add any other options if you choose so.
4. Drop by heaping tablespoon on to cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
Enjoy! If you give it a try let me know what you think.