Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer Ideas For Kids #3

The weather by us has been a little crazy one day it's hot and muggy in the 80's and the next it's chilly, rainy and 60°. So the boys have been stuck in the house more then they would like to be.

 So I made the boys a little tent "hangout" and we made a pretend campfire. You can't have a campfire with out s'mores right! So we made some s'mores for a little treat and played for quite a while : )

You don't have to make a tent like I did. You could just use good old sheets and chairs/couch (some of the best tents I can remember have been made that way). I will do a separate post on how I made ours though.

Pretend Fire
  •  Red & yellow tissue paper
  •  Brown paper or foam
  •  Glue or staples (to keep it together)
Roll the paper or foam into logs. You can secure them with either glue or staples (what ever you like). Take 1 piece of yellow tissue paper and fold it in half do the same with 1 piece of red tissue paper. Over lap them at a angle and crinkle them till you get your desired flames look. Place your logs and flame how you would like. Let your kids imaginations go : ) It'll keep them busy for awhile : )








Have fun!

15 comments:

  1. Awe that sounds so fun. Cade has a pop up hide-a-way tent, it's one of those small cheap ones. I don't think we could fit a fire in there, but hey it would be fun having one just outside of our tent too lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One outside would still definitely be fun : )

      Delete
  2. My kids would love this! Now following you from the Aloha hop, would love a follow back :).

    http://cumminslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Kathryn! I'm know following you : )

      Delete
  3. Love your creativity - what fun you must have had!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds fun. Making things inside is always nice. I use to love to make forts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks : ) I used all the time when I was little to.

      Delete
  5. Nicole I dont want to seem crazy or anything but I've been trying to figure out for a week or so who you were. I appreciate your comments. and now I've finally found ya :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That doesn't seem crazy : ) I enjoy reading your posts.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you do. Come back soon. :D Got a new post up now but it's probably gonna piss folks off but I could care less.

      Delete
  6. What a great idea! Thanks for linking up @ The Owl's Skull! All pinned up:). J

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great idea! I LOVE it :) We are your newest followers on GFC and bloglovin'. We co-host a linky party on Saturdays called Share It Saturday and would LOVE if you linked up. We have so many creative bloggers joining us and your ideas would fit right in! http://www.sugaraunts.com/2013/06/share-it-saturday-22-and-our-week-in.html Hope to see you there :)
    Colleen at Sugar Aunts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thanks so much for following : ) I would love to link up thanks for the invite.

      Delete