Wednesday, June 12, 2013

French Toast Roll Ups!

Let me just start by telling you how YUMMY these are! I found the recipe online and just had to make some (well I didn't have to but I really wanted to : ) There really easy and quick which is always a good thing. The boys especially my oldest inhaled them!

French Toast Roll Ups
  •  White sandwich bread (soft fluffy type wheat works to)
  •  2 eggs
  •  3 tbls milk
  •  1/3 cup sugar
  •  1 tsp cinnamon
  •  Butter (for greasing pan)
  •  Optional fillings (cream cheese, caramel, nutella, strawberry filling, really anything you would like)
1. Cut the crust off the pieces of bread and roll them flat.

2. Mix the eggs and milk together in a bowl.

3. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.

4. Put 1 tbls of butter in a skillet over med heat.

5. If you would like a filling spread a small amount in the center of the flattened bread and roll up. I didn't put any filling in ours and they were still so good.

6. Dip the roll ups in the egg mixture and brown all sides.

7. When golden brown on all sides dip in cinnamon sugar mixture. 











Enjoy!

27 comments:

  1. Oh my - those look phenomenal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgh! Those look amazing! This is a must try =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! My kids would have fun smooshing the bread. We like finger foods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh I'm sure they would : ) We like finger foods to.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow these look great! Thank you for spreading JOY and sharing at the Oh What a HAPPY Day party.

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks good. maybe to try that. and i'm not a big french toast person.

    http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/2013/06/need-some-uplifting-and-prayers.html

    would love for you to come check out today's post. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks : ) They kinda remind me of a churro sp? I don't know if you've ever had one but there good!

      I'll be sure to stop by : )

      Delete
  6. Oh that's so dangerous!! Ya KNOW I've got to try it right??? ; ) BB2U

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need to get a grab button gurl so I can add it to my page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I need to figure out how to make one. Hopefully soon : )

      Delete
    2. It's really easy actually Nicole. I don't have one either, but they really are easy to make. Just do a quick google search for a how-to and you can have one pretty fast. You could use MS Paint or PicMonkey.com, or photoshop- if that's your thing. :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks Ila I'll have to look into it and give it a go : )

      Delete
  8. Hi we are going to try this. My daughter wants to make it tommorow.

    http://mary-anderingcreatively.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another thing you can do, is make grilled cheese rollups....or whatever kind of sandwich rollups. Just flatten the bread, stuff & roll, heat in pan---or don't! LOL :) I think I might make these AND grilled cheese rollups for Cade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just saw that idea for grilled cheese roll ups. I think on pintrest and thought the boys would like them. We'll have to make some : )

      Delete
  10. Those look amazing!! I'm visiting today from Linkin' with my Ladies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those look so good! I just nominated you for the Liebster Award! I hope you accept it! Visit http://www.discoveringbreadcrumbs.com to find out more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathleen!! I'm honored : )

      Delete
  12. Yum, Yum! Great pics, now I'm hungry....

    ReplyDelete
  13. omgoshh, yummm!!! These look amazing. New follower through GFC :)

    Vicky
    vannessdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following! I'm now following you to : )

      Delete