Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Cinnamon Bread!

I wanted to share a really yummy cinnamon bread recipe with you. It's really moist and not to sweet but just right. It's quick and easy to make and makes 2 loafs of bread.  You could also make muffins with it instead if you like : )

Cinnamon Bread

Batter
  •  1 cup butter softened
  •  2 cups sugar
  •  2 eggs
  •  2 cups buttermilk or 2 cups milk plus 2 tbls vinegar or lemon juice
  •  4 cups flour
  •  2 tsp baking soda
Cinnamon/sugar mixture
  •  2/3 cups sugar
  •  2 tsp cinnamon
Cream together butter, eggs and sugar. Add milk, flour and baking soda. Take 1/2 of the batter and divide it evenly in two greased pans. In separate bowl mix together the cinnamon/sugar mixture.  Sprinkle about 3/4 of the mixture on to the two loafs. Take the remaining batter and divide it evenly between the to loafs and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture. Swirl with a knife. Bake at 350° for 45 - 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing to cool completely. 

Enjoy! If you try it out let me know what you think : )
















12 comments:

  1. This looks very good. Maybe I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Nicole! That looks extremely yummy! My lil man LOVES cinnamon...anything! He went for a whole year eating cinnamon butter sandwiches, every day! LOL! I think that I will have to try to pin this if you don't mind, to try later.
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! I don't mind at all : ) I still need to figure out how to add a pin it button.

      Delete
  3. This looks really delicious. Cinnamon is so tasty in almost anything. I really like that you added in an alternative to buttermilk as it is unavailable here. This will be another new recipe for me to try. Thank you for sharing. Have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bismah! I know sometimes it can be hard to find certain ingredients.

      Delete
    2. Hi Nicole!
      I tried your recipe and it is so delicious!!!
      Having a family who are raisin lovers I re-did the recipe a second time making a few changes. I have linked your recipe and blog in my post and mentioned you. I hope that is ok.
      I will post now. If you get a moment please take a look.
      Have a great day and thank you!!

      Delete
    3. I'm glad you guys liked it : ) raisins sound delicious! It was sweet of you to link back I appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. Cheers Nicole...we're trying this one today...perfect for our cold, drizzly winter weather!

    ReplyDelete