- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tomatoes (you could also use tomato sauce if you prefer)
- 1 onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- Oil (I use canola)
1. Boil your chicken until completely cooked.
2. When chicken is done boiling put it on a plate to cool. Once its cooled down you'll shred it all up.
3. Roughly cut up the tomatoes, pepper and onion and place them into a blender. Add a small amount of oil (you only need a little) and blend everything up it will end up being like a thickish liquid. ( I take out the seeds from the jalapeno because of the kids but you don't have to if you want it a little spicier)
4. Put the shredded chicken and the blended up sauce into a skillet and mix thoroughly.
5. Heat it up on low heat for about 10 min. Make sure to stir every once in awhile so it doesn't stick.
I usually make some homemade mexican rice (my boys grandmas recipe she's from mexico and makes the best rice ever!!) But tonight I just used a boxed yellow rice. Grab your tostada and put your favorite toppings and enjoy! Just a side note I usually just boil and shred the chicken earlier in the day that way when dinner time comes its ready to go.