Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- 1/2 cup oil or apple sauce if you prefer
- 1 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 6 tbls unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick spray.
2. Combined the oil, sugar and vanilla blend well.
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, 1/2 cup of cocoa, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones. Stir just to combined.
5. Fold the zucchini in and mix well. The batter will be really dry before you add in the zucchini.
6. Spread the batter in your pan. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes (30 minutes was perfect for me).
7. Make sure to cool the cake completely before frosting. Let it sit for at least 1 hour before enjoy ( I personally think it tastes better if you let it sit longer or overnight ). Enjoy: )