Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 tbls butter (divided in 2)
- 6 cups mini marshmallows (divided in 2)
- 8 cups rice krispies (divided in 2)
- red & green food coloring
- Chocolate chips (seeds)
* If you like you could use flavored kool-Aid in the mixtures to add flavor. I did try it once but prefer the regular rice krispie flavor : )*
1. Melt 3 tbls of butter in a medium/large saucepan over medium heat. Add 3 cups of marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat & add in green food coloring until you get your desired color. Stir in Rice Krispies until completely coated.
2. Scoop the green rice krispies into a *greased* 9 inch round cake pan. Press it around the outer edges of the cake pan to form a ring. (You may need to butter your hands if it's to sticky)
3. Repeat step 1 but with red food coloring.
4. Scoop the red krispie mixture into the center of the cake pan. Press it so that it's level with the green ring.
5. Let it cool completely and then add the chocolate chips for seeds.
Enjoy your oh so cute rice krispies : )