Friday, August 16, 2013

Homemade Finger Paint For Babys &;Toddlers :)

If your looking for a fun sensory activity for your baby or toddler finger painting is a great one : ) It's really easy to make finger paint. You only need 4 ingredients and you probably already have them at home. If you want easy clean up you can let them paint in the tub that way when there done you just rinse them and the tub off ; )

Homemade Finger Paint
  •  2 cups flour
  •  4 cups cold water
  •  Food coloring
  •  A little salt
Mix together the flour and water in a pot. Cook over low heat make sure to constantly stir it or it will get lumpy. Continue heating the mixture till it becomes thick. Mix in a little salt and let cool. Pour into containers or cups and add in your desired colors. If you don't use all of the paint you can store it in a covered container in the fridge for future use.











My little guy had a blast playing with the paint :) At first he wasn't sure about it then he dug right in. The food coloring didn't stain his skin or highchair in case your wondering : )

13 comments:

  1. this is great! thanks for sharing. my son is still obsessed with putting everything in his mouth so this would be perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Idea!! I've also used vanilla pudding & added food coloring :) there was more eating that day then painting LOL
    ~Candice @http://mylittlecircusandme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used pudding when my oldest was a baby and your right he was way more interested in eating it Lol : )

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to try this! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! You know I'm really into sensory play right now lol. Even my little Cas could get involved with this one :) Thanks for the idea.

    Ila @ http://www.hehasms.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun/entertaining thing for baby, I love it. :)

    I'm visiting today from the Lovin the Weekend blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfect! I've been looking for things to do with my finger licking toddler once his brother's go back to school. What's great about this is that it shouldn't attract ants! Love it!

    Carmen
    www.thetriplebs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little guy likes to put everything in his mouth to. But I don't think he found the paint very tasty lol : )

      Delete
  7. If my son paints on paper with it will it mold?

    ReplyDelete